To enhance public safety by ensuring humane safekeeping and development of Persons Deprived of Liberty (PDL) in all district, city, and municipal jails for their reintegration to society.
A premier institution highly regarded by society for the secure and humane treatment of Persons Deprived of Liberty (PDL) by its competent and motivated corps.
BJMP is mandated to direct, supervise and control the administration and operation of all district, city and municipal jails nationwide with pronged tasks of safekeeping and development of PDL.
- In line with it’s mission, the Jail Bureau endeavors to perform the following functions:
- Formulate policies and guidelines in the administration of all district, city, and municipal jails nationwide;
- Implement strong security measures for the control of PDL;
- Provide for the basic needs of PDL;
- Conduct activities for the development of PDL;
- Improve jail facilities; and,
- Promote the general welfare and development of personnel.